- Home /
- Return Policy
Allen & Petersen Cooking & Appliance Center is dedicated to our customer’s 100 percent satisfaction. We are confident that our return policy will ensure your ultimate satisfaction with your appliance purchase.
Let us help you do the research before you purchase so that you will receive the right product that will best fit your needs.
Most returns can be avoided before you make your purchase. Please check model specifications and installation guides or call our knowledgeable appliance and kitchen store specialists to determine what product(s) will best fit your needs. Sometimes issues cannot be avoided, so here are some tips to help you if they arise:
- Measure Twice! Please make sure that you measure not only the place where the appliance is ultimately going to be installed or used at – but measure all of the pathways where the appliance will need to travel through en route to it’s final placement. (Make sure that the appliance can get through tight corners, narrow halls, and doorways.)
- Check the power that is available for the appliance. If you are considering a gas range or dryer make sure that you have a gas valve installed behind the appliance. If you are considering an electric appliance make sure that you know the plug configuration that you have so you can order the right type of cord (3 prong or 4 prong). Also check to make sure that you have enough power to run the appliance that you are looking to purchase (some wall ovens require 50 amps – but your fuse box may only have a 40 amp circuit – so an electrician will need to correct that and depending on the configuration of the fuse box and the wiring this could be an expensive alteration – so you will want to research this prior to purchasing).
Inspect your appliance before accepting delivery
All of our shipments are 100 percent insured. It is very important to inspect your product thoroughly before accepting and signing for it. Though your box and packaging may appear intact, it is still possible that your product may be damaged. Check for both internal and external damage before accepting delivery. If you notice there is damage to the product, refuse the package and note the damage on the delivery invoice. Please call our customer service department via e-mail @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907.276.0111 immediately, and we will issue a return authorization (RA) number. If damage issues arise after signing for the merchandise, you are responsible for filing all claims with the shipper. Therefore, a thorough inspection of all packages is important before signing. If your item was shipped via UPS, call UPS at 800-pick-ups with your tracking number to report a damaged item.
Plug in your appliance ASAP to make sure it operates properly
It is important that you install your appliance as soon as you can to make sure it operates properly. If you receive an item that is defective upon delivery that is not due to shipping damages, please contact customer support via e-mail @ email@example.com or call 907.276.0111 within 48 hours of receipt. If your item is defective after the first use you either may contact us and we will arrange service, or you may contact the manufacturer directly. Contact information for the manufacturer is included in the product literature.
Product Does Not Meet Your Needs
Call within 48 hours if product doesn’t meet your needs
Before deciding on the model that you will purchase, please do all of the appropriate research as recommended above. If you receive an item that does not meet your needs please contact customer support via e-mail @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9070276-0111 within 48 hours of receipt. Any product that has been installed or has attempted to be installed cannot be returned. Returned products must be in brand-new condition with all packaging, product literature and blank warranty cards enclosed in the exact condition in which received.
Special/ Custom orders, floor models, or used merchandise cannot be returned.
Please remember that shipping and handling charges to and from our warehouse are not refundable. All returns are subject to a minimum 20 percent restocking fee as well. We do not accept any returns on air conditioners, special order merchandise and accessories.
General Return Policies at a Glance
- To avoid having to return items, please read all item specifications before purchase, and call us with any questions prior to placing your order.
- Damaged items should not be accepted upon delivery.
- After signing for and accepting your item, you are responsible for all damage claims.
- You must contact us within 48 hours of receiving your item if your product is damaged or does not meet your needs.
- In the event of a return, you must contact customer service to receive a return authorization (RA) number. We will not accept any returns without a RA.
- All returns are subject to a minimum 20 percent restocking fee.
- Shipping and handling charges to and from our warehouse are not refundable for returned items.
- Returned products will not be accepted unless they are in brand-new condition with all packaging, product literature and blank warranty cards enclosed in the exact condition as received.
- You must return the item using the same shipping methods as it was originally shipped.
- We do not accept returns on special/custom, used, or floor model products.
Allen & Petersen Cooking & Appliance Center reserves the right to refuse returns.